Friday, June 11, 2010

Memories and Dreams


Anyone like me, finding it hard to dream sometimes. Countless instigators reduce your prime to fulfilling basic necessities of life. Many times I wonder what the future could hold.

Just thinking, could this stem from having calculator all the time, calculating odds or too much critical thinking, determining if there is adequate justification to conclude my hypothesis as true...

Have been going through some extensive teaching on vision and unlimited possibilities within each human being n I believe it now more than ever.

Given the millions of sperm in every ejaculation, ( approx 6 million) the chances of me being me, with all those conditions were pretty slim n here I am today. From this I can say 'Lack of ambition is an act of selfishness', prideful.

When we lack ambition, a desire to achieve certain goals what we are saying is I don't care what happens to everybody else, as long as I'm comfy I'm ok. The way I c it for example is, if I am satisfied with my life "comme tel" - ( as is), I am not considering those who I was created to impact when I explore my full potential. Its like stealing, I am robbing the all those people of what I was chosen to do over other possible millions who didnt make it to the egg...lol
On the other hand another extreme of ambition could be nested in deep rooted selfishness but thats not what I'm talking about.

I know its a little weird from that angle but people around are waiting to be held by you, wrapped in your arms and experience God's life changing presence through you. ( That kinda gives me a sense of worth ...)

In reconciling with the past, by which I mean accepting whatever's happened as past taking God word as truth I am making a resolve to make the 12-20 breaths of air I take in every minute count.

What stops us from dreaming? really. For the woman who was blessed with oil by Elijah, she was only able to fill as many jars as she n her son brought, as much as her expectation was coz nothing great happens by accident.

With that freedom to dream, drowning fear of failure with God's word, revelation of purpose is certain, hence we are all catalyst in our environment.

I'd rather be Joseph the dreamer than Thomas the doubter but better yet Nathaniel, who asked expressed his concerns and observation freely asking questions and seeking clarification.

Over the bridge we go from living on memory lane to living our dreams. I rest assured Christ who is my bridge made of solid rock is firm enuf n will lead me safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment